Thursday, August 28, 2008

1 week down


We made it one week (and 2 days)! KK and I are adjusting to our new lives as parents... and WE ABSOLUTELY love it! Ali is amazing. She is such a blessing and I'm not sure how I ever lived my life without her.

My labor was easy, in my opinion (compared to... oh yeah, nothing). I had an epidural which was the most heavenly experience of all times- contractions suck and hurt bad!!! Ali decided to come out face-up, so she does have a little scabby on her head from the vacuum. The good news is I only labored hard for about an hour... we started the petocyn (sp?) at 9:30am- my water was broken by the doc around 1:00pm, and Ali came at 7:12 pm. I loved my labor and delivery nurses and my husband and mom were awesome support.

I am starting to settle in to a routine with her- she is the best baby and only wakes up twice during the night to feed! Thank goodness because I love my sleep! I am nursing her and supplementing - I had breast reduction surgery 4 years ago and that is affecting my milk production a little bit.

Now I plan to start walking her every day and am really trying to drink in every moment we have at home together... I don't go back to work until October 20th, but I already know the time will fly so I am cherishing every second we can have together.

I'll end my post by telling you I have the best husband ever, and Ali has the best daddy. He is so hands on- diapers, bath times, you name it, he does it. He loves her so much, they are already playing together and bonding. It's amazing how you fall so much more in love with your husband when you see him hold your child. We celebrated our 2 year anniversary on Wednesday and I couldn't express to him how thankful I am for him. My life is so blessed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you kelli!

Andréa said...

Happy anniversary and happy one week Ali. FYI my anniversary is Sept 4th. HOw funny! Glad you all are setteling in

Alexa said...

Congrats!!! She is so beautiful!

Nanette said...

So wonderful! Congrats again!

kristi said...

isn't being a mommy wonderful! congratulations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...