Friday, May 30, 2008
P.S. My crib is in at Wal-Mart!!!!!!! I'm going to pick it up this weekend- FUN!!!!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
On the positive side, my uterus measured exactly on target for 28 weeks, and our little Ali's heartbeat was strong and regular! So at least I'm carrying a healthy baby, even if my body sucks at breaking down glucose.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
We had a blast!! It was so nice to get away from the stresses of every day life and relax with family. KK brought his drift boat and rowed my mom and I around 2 lakes to fish. We caught 15 trout total and BBQ-ed them up one night for dinner- sooooo good. Kris also took my dad and bro down the Moyie River, which was traveling about 15 mph with all the snow melt. They had a pretty wild ride full of beer drinking and rapids!
We also took a ton of walks, and I am reading a great book from the library called The Good Earth, by Pearl Buck. I would recommend it highly!
I love being with my family, and I am so happy that Kris gets fits in with us so easily. We laughed so hard and relaxed together. It was so fun having no schedule, and simply deciding what to do based on what we wanted, instead of work or time constraints.
It made me so thankful for the wonderful life I have been blessed with. I really do have a great husband, great parents, and a great brother. It's not very often you find a group of people who enjoys each other so much. I take them all for granted, but I am so thankful for each person and how much they each bring to my life. I can't wait for Ali to join our crazy bunch!
Now, it's back to reality! Here's the highlights:
- Only 2 weeks left of school- whooo hoooo! Now begins the frantic review days to get my students ready for our district end of course exams, fun times !
- We finally got our tax refund + stimulus check!!! YEAH!!!!!! I ordered Ali's crib yesterday at Walmart.com, thanks to the great head's up from Nanette- it will be delivered next week sometime- I'm so excited to finally get the nursery started! Here's what I got (crib on left, bedding we bought when we found out she was a girl on right):
- I also finally paid the freaking $350 "graduation fee" to my university to get my actual Master's Degree diploma! We are totally framing that sucker!!
- KK is going to start on the landscaping this week- I can't wait to have grass and a patio!
- Tomorrow is my 28 week (!) appointment: I have to drink that awful orange glucose drink before going in to see if I have the dreaded gestational diabetes- keep your fingers crossed it all comes out good!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Here is a list of what I can think of to do:
- buy a crib
- make husband put crib together
- move dresser into baby's room
- buy new knobs for dresser
- buy a pack n play for our bedroom
- buy a car seat/stroller
- put up decals that match bedding in baby's room
- wash all bedding/clothes and put in dresser
- give mom list for baby shower
- start registry (where ?)
- set up delivery with diaper service
- order blinds for nursery
And I'm spent. I'm overwhelmed and can't think of anything else right now. But don't worry people, I'm not really that stressed about it- I know myself- I'm a doer. It will all get done in plenty of time, then I'll be complaining about being bored. It's the nature of the beast
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Here is the latest and greatest on the pregnancy front: I am having sinus/nose problems. I have had weird nose dealings for about 2 weeks now. Over the weekend, I woke up and got a bloody nose. Now I seem to have stuffy sinuses all the time, and what feels like huge boogers in my nose at all times! When I wake up every morning, I blow my nose and DO have huge boogers,-bloody gross ones! The only time I can get a productive booger producing blow is in the morning- after that I always feel the need to blow my nose, but nothing comes out. I can press my nostrils together and they will stay shut- that is the severity of this problem, people.
I'm not really sure what to do about this- it is quite uncomfortable and I have never experienced nose problems before in my life. Perhaps I have allergies? Or are my sinuses going crazy because of the baby in my belly?
Friday, May 16, 2008
The doc's conclusion was that our little babe has flipped herself around most likely, and is now kicking me in the back, which fortunately I cannot feel.... I'm biding my time on that one.
On another note- it is supposed to be in the 80s all weekend- FINALLY nice weather!!!! Waking up to sunshine these past few mornings has been the best way to get up. I hope it lasts through our final 3 weeks of school!
Enjoy your weekends everybody!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
To me, plastic diapers seem such a horrible thing to put into our landfills. They do not decompose and that makes me nervous. I want to do my part and have a functioning role in making our world as beautiful as I can for future generations. Therefore, I am going to use my plan period today and call the only diaper service offered in my town. Hopefully the price of cloth diaper delivery is something within our meek teachers' budgets and we can factor that into part of our darling baby's routine when she graces us with her presence in 14 weeks.
Because, in reality, if cloth diapers are too expensive for our budget, we will have to be part of the waste-growers in North Idaho and use plastic diapers like everyone else!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
- My husband did not even get me a card for my 1st semi-Mother's Day
- Something is wrong with the internet at work- so every time anyone on the network tries to access an https site, the internet boots you off. It's been this way since yesterday.
- My cell phone slipped off the couch arm last night and of all the places it could fall, it fell into my glass of iced tea sitting on the floor. Now it is not functioning and therefore is for sale on ebay for parts.
- The cell phone that we had at home for me to use right now is a crappy phone that I do not like. Annoying.
- We still have not gotten our tax return or stimulus payment. I really want to work on our landscaping, pay down credit card debt, and buy a crib for my sweet baby-to-be. But no, I have to wait on our sloooow government
- It is May 13 and we are still having shatty weather in North Idaho.
The good news: the tax return will come; the weather will change; and after all this, my life still doesn't suck so bad!
Monday, May 12, 2008
So, here is the latest and greatest with my sister. Apparently, she is coming to visit with her three children in August. August 17th, to be exact. I'm a little pissed about that. Let me remind us all, my due date is August 21st. I figure I will have had the baby, be in labor, or be really not to fun to deal with around August 17th. Let me be blunt: I don't want her here during my time. I know that is selfish of me and she is "family" after all, but it pisses me off that my dad wasn't smart enough to figure out an earlier date with her. Now her and her kids will be infringing on our family's time- totally burdening my mom by staying at her house, loitering around the hospital room, not to mention distracting my dad from the most fabulous moment for our family. She is not a part of my family. She has never been involved or seemed to care about my life. My dad didn't even tell her I was pregnant- I stumbled upon the subject with her via email when I was 3 months along ! It's crazy and bizarre- and I tried to talk to my dad about it. He thinks it isn't a big deal and doesn't want me to worry about it. He acts like I'm a jerk when I bring it up. I am going to be soooo mad if they ruin this for me. I don't want my dad to feel like he has to bring them camping or something and not be there for the birth of his grand baby. It is out of my hands at this point and I need to learn to deal- but she ruins everything!
Friday, May 9, 2008
That, my friends, is exciting news. It is a GOOD FEELING knowing that my sweet angel girl would probably survive if I went into labor at this moment. Believe me, I want her to cook longer for sure, but it does make for a calming moment to know she has made it past the crucial growing period! I'm so proud of her :)
On another front, my mom wants to start stocking up on diapers when she makes her trips to Costco. She wants to have a hefty inventory for Kris and I when Ali makes her appearance into this world. While I cannot help but want to jump all over the generous offer- I have no idea what sizes to tell her to start buying. I know newborns and ones are what she will wear the first period of her life- but how many boxes of each is a good amount????
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Monday, May 5, 2008
We also started the process of raking the billions of rocks up out of our yard to prepare it for hydro seed. The nice part is we are doubling the purpose of the rock and using it as fill gravel for a flat stone patio KK will install, as soon as we get our stimulus check.
I was a busy bee out in the front of the house and planted perennials and bushes around the perimeter. I will post pictures of that ASAP. Still no grass in the front either, but at least adding some color spruced it up for now.
Overall, I'm pleased with the productive weekend, which I wrapped up by thoroughly cleaning the inside of the house, top to bottom. It feels good to be making process of what used to be a mountain of work. Don't get me wrong, we've still got a long list of yard projects to start and/or complete, but the end is in sight. We hope to have everything ready to rock by the end of May- perfect timing for summer BBQs- whoo hooo!
Thursday, May 1, 2008
I went for my 24 week check-up yesterday and am proud to report I am harboring a healthy, super-active baby girl! The doc said she must really be moving and groovin' in there, because her heart rate was up and very strong! I'm so proud :) I'm also happy to report I am right on target for weight-gain: and the nurse told me I am gaining all in my belly- the perfect, and correct, place for pregnancy weight to go!
Next month will be my last monthly appointment, in which I will consume the awful orange glucose drink to check for gestational diabetes. After that, I will go in every 3 weeks for check-ups.. we are chuggin right along- and I'm so happy because I want to meet this girl already!