Friday, February 27, 2009
So I can't figure it out. I am not sure if a tooth is coming in- when I look at her gums I can't really decipher what I should be looking for. Her antibiotics have kicked in, so it's probably not her ears. She's well fed, has a clean diaper, naps, etc... it's getting a little frustrating, if you can't tell! Oh yea, and P.S. Missy Pants has decided that waking up at 4AM is now an appropriate time. Fun Times!
... and to add to it all, I have a naggin cough that WILL NOT GO AWAY!!! Sweet!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
- My BEST FRIEND Rose, is preggo!!!!!!! She's due the beginning of October, and I could not be more excited! Seriously, besides finding out I was having my own, this is the BEST NEWS EVER! I'm going to be an Auntie!!!!!!!! Plus, we went through my pregnancy with her being stationed in Iraq, so having her home in the states will be a much more fun experience.
- My hubby's basketball season ended last night. And although it is sad they did not make it into the state tournament, it saves us a lot of headache in childcare because my softball season begins on Friday... and we were stressin about the overlapping seasons and what to do with our buggie! Now she will get tons of Daddy time!
- It has been 40degrees and rainy for the past couple of days, and the snow is finally melting- we can see our back patio- whoo hoo!
- I ordered a Britax Marathon for our growing girl today... I'm so excited to get it and stop lugging her 19lb buns around in the baby carrier!
- Poor Baby Girl has a double ear infection; she is teething; and she got 4 shots on Monday. Needless to say, she has not been a happy camper and Momma is a very tired girl! I've got some serious bags under my eyes... it's not pretty!
- I have ANOTHER cold- Unbelievable! Thankfully this one isn't as bad as the last one- but it does come with a nasty cough that makes my poor husband have to sleep on the couch at night to escape it's wrath.
- I am totally not diggin my hair lately. I need it highlighted so bad, but I can't get in to have it done till March 30th! (my schedule, not my hairdresser's). I have been wearing it up every day with a clippie and headband, it's not pretty. I think I am going to cut my own bangs to make them bearable until the time comes... wish me luck with that one!
Monday, February 23, 2009
After I got home and showered, the hubs and I packed up Missy Pants and her stroller and headed Downtown to walk on the Boardwalk, which is basically a wood dock over the lake in the town we live in. We had such a great time- it was a beautiful day and the sun was actually shining, so we stayed out for almost 2.5 hours! It was nice to breathe in outside air- Ali had a blast and was a total ham to everyone we met... and the best part was just being with my family. We enjoyed each other so much, and made me remember why my husband is my best friend. Great times!
We capped the evening off with a turkey dinner over at my parents' house... followed by ICE CREAM cake! The BEST EVER!!!!!!! It was such a fun day, exactly what I would've planned had I done it myself.... If the rest of the year goes anything like Saturday...I think 27 will be a good year for this gal!
Friday, February 20, 2009
So here we are her oh- so -fabulous questions and my answers....
1. What are you most looking forward to in 2009? Watching my baby girl continue to grow into her 1st year of life... it is so amazing how much they change in such a short period of time! I am also looking forward to (hopefully) my husband making a career change, and possible a move! We need adventure!
2. What are your plans for your birthday? My amazing Momma scheduled me a massage in the morning... then we will be having family dinner (turkey dinner with all the fixins! MONEY!!!!) with my fam, my parents, bro, and his girlfriend. I am crossing my fingers that my hubby doesn't blow it on his end and actually makes my day somewhat special...
3. What's the best part about being a new mom? Every part!
But seriously, it is looking at something YOU created, and loving that little being so much. It is unbelievable how much I have grown in my love for her over these months. I mean, I loved Ali when she was first born, because she was mine. Now, I love her for WHO she is- her little personality and the way she looks at me and gives that big smile... I never knew love like this before she came into my life.
4. What was the last song you downloaded (or CD you bought)?
Beyonce's Single Ladies! I love that song!
5. If you were a superhero, what special talent would you posses (or like to posses, since this is clearly hypothetical)?
I don't know if this is a superhero quality, but I would love to be able to express how I am feeling correctly. I wish I could deliver my feeling concisely and clearly. I feel like I am bad at really communicating what I feel- that often times what I am saying comes out wrong or gives the wrong message or feeling (clearly I'm speaking about talking to my hubster). I feel like I am misunderstood, and it would be nice to have the ability to get my message across- ya know?
...Thanks, Liz, for your questions! This was really fun! Good Times, good times
And if you would like to play along here are the instructions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. You know, to pay-it-forward and keep this little interview game going.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions and so on and so forth
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
On Valentine' Day, hubby had to coach a game. So we made adjustments and went to breakfast. And met another couple, who brought their 1 1/2 year old son. So between me entertaining Ali, my friend entertaining her son, and the guys talking about basketball... you get the idea, no romance. And that was it. We didn't get each other cards, no flowers, no chocolates, nothing. It sucked, and I am partially to blame. You see... I know my husband sucks at doing the "little things", so I stopped doing them on my end. Which is petty, because I WANT to do them. And I should, because I care, not to prove a point.
So, I brought it up yesterday. Apparently when we first started dating, I told KK that I thought Valentine's Day was a bunch of crap. Which I still kind of think it is. It is totally over-commercialised and another way for companies to make money. However, my statement comes with a disclaimer- you should not have to wait for a special day to do something special. If you want to get someone a gift, do it! Don't wait for a holiday or birthday to show them you care. Make every day special! So that's my disclaimer, but KK doesn't follow that either :)
He is a typical male: it has to be s-p-e-l-l-e-d out for him to get it. Seriously. Mr. Straight-Forward, let me tell you.
So I told him. I need him to show me that he is thankful for me. I need to be made to feel special. Not just, thanks for being my wife and taking care of the house and our daughter, but that he still loves me that much- that I've still got it! I need that reassurance in our busy lives. We never slow down and just BE together, not as much as we used to anyway. And that's fine, just as long as I know, every day, that I'm his Valentine.
... and my birthday is coming up on Saturday, so we'll see how he does! Eeekk!!!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
... and I have to tell you that I was a bad momma the other day. I was video-taping her sitting up, and I did not set her far enough away from the coffee table... and you guessed, we had a spill. The video-camera all of a sudden was thrown to the ground, and Missy Pants cried her little heart out (no tears, however). I felt soooo bad- I cried with her! Thankfully we don't have any bruises, but she did have a big red mark on her forehead for a couple hours following the incident! I need to be more careful- maybe I should take a tip from her and be more "alert and aware of my surroundings"! Sorry, sweet baby!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Step 1: respond and rework—answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
Step 2: tag—eight other un-tagged people.
1. What were you doing before you started this post?
Grading journals for my creative writing class.
2. What is the last thing you read/are currently reading?
I just finished New Moon , the second book in the Twilight series-- soo good! But I'm saving the last two for when I have more time :)
3. Do you nap a lot?
No, I do not enjoy napping. Therefore, I am tired a lot!
4. Who was the last person you hugged?
My sweet little Wiggles before she left for daycare with Daddy
5. What is your favorite TV series?
I have a few: The Office, Grey's Anatomy, Biggest Loser, American Idol, and Top Chef... I'm also really liking Handy Manny :)
6. What was the last thing you said out loud?
I'm running to the bathroom :)
7. What was the best moment of your life?
The moment I am currently living in!
8. What was the last item you bought?
some eye shadow for my friend, J.O. for her birthday tomorrow
9. What is your most challenging goal?
Right now I would say to quite biting my damn fingernails!
10. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished- anywhere in the world, where would it be?
On Lake Coeur d Alene, in the town I live in. It's gorgeous!
11. Favorite Vacation spot
Either my family's cabin, Europe, or Australia
12. Say something to the person who tagged you: KDLOST, you are an amazing momma and woman! I love reading your blog!
13. Name one thing you just can't resist no matter how bad it is for you: I love cake!
14. What is your favorite item of clothing?
My black vest- it covers the left over baby bump! hee hee
15. What is one thing you wished had known before you became pregnant?
How friggin tired you get in the first trimester! Man, that was a hard couplla months!
16. Name one thing you can not live with out: SLEEP
17. Has a celebrity's haircut ever influenced you on your own hairstyle?
Meg Ryan has the best short hair dues- I've had a few of hers in my time
18. What is your drink of choice?
19. What is something you do every day?
squeeze my baby girl
20. What are you wearing right now?
blue striped shirt with navy blue pants
21. What's your favorite room in your house? bedroom
22. If you were to have a baby boy and girl tomorrow, what would you name them.
I have no idea
23. If you could have any "special power" what would it be and why?
The ability to eat whatever I wanted and be bikini-skinny... and that is self explanatory
24. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I had the best childhood and have so many memories.... but I do remember how fun playing whiffle ball with my mom, dad, and brother was on those lazy summer afternoons, after eating dinner on the porch- good times!
OK- I'm not tagging 8 people because I need to get back to work! (I'm a slacker, seriously)
So I tag:
Friday, February 6, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
KK and I made the decision to keep her home as much as possible for the next month: the doctor explained that her little immune system is kind of beat up right now, making her more susceptible to bacteria that normally she would fight off. So no basketball games for awhile, and we postponed the family pics until the end of the month- but we gotta do what we gotta do to keep our big girl happy and healthy!
We also reinforced the "frequent hand washing" rule that I am always nagging people about- now I have medical backing! If you've got grubby hands, stay away from this sweet baby! (It's amazing to many how many people do not take this seriously... but I digress)
I was so so so relieved and happy to hear she had healed up so quickly- a huge weight of worry lifted off my shoulders.... and the doc confirmed my suspicion- Ali had swollen gums and is looking to cut some teeth in the near future! She seems to be handling it like a champ!