Thursday, April 30, 2009
... this whole daycare experience makes me wish sometimes I worked part time: just enough to give Ali some independence ; and just enough time at home for me and my gal! one can dream...
Monday, April 27, 2009
- cry when something is taken from her that she cannot have (i.e. momma's gross, dirty gardening sandals)
- she knows the word NO, and gives big puppy eyes when you tell her "no, no Ali"
- gets downright P.O' ed when momma or daddy do not sprint to pick her up if she's tired of playing by herself... she creams so loud, that the neighbors must think we're pitching her
- cried for about 1/2 of the walk we took yesterday because she wanted to be held rather then ride in the stroller
- and has woken up bawling the past 3 nights in a row- and will not be soothed unless she is brought into mom and daddy's bed...where she promptly falls asleep...Sideways. (we cannot figure out if this is manipulation, or nightmares, afraid of the dark..teeth, or???)
- She's rolling everywhere- ready to explore her world- which is both a blessing and curse- but is now antsy pantsy to get down and explore her world- making her not so much fun in public places where she must be held...
Missy Pants had got her padres scramblin!!!!
.. and can we say BIG GIRL!!! She's almost as big as Joey (the boy to the left of Ali in the red shirt)... and he's 19 months old!!! Yikes !
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
And I repeat the above schedule 5 days a week. And it sucks.
I feel like I'm just a ghost in Ali's life. She is totally almost rolling over from her back to her tummy, and I can't even spend enough time encouraging her, and I know she's going to do it at daycare or in the afternoon and I'm going to miss it and be sad.
She's also getting her two bottom teeth in- any day we expect those puppies to pop their way through- finally! My problem is that I just don't' feel like I'm a true part of everything. Like I'm just a bystander who gets this little glimpse into my baby's life at home. It's so hard, I'm really struggling with it, and I struggle every day.
I also hate that my house has gone to crap. My husband will do small pick-up- like dishes and garbage- but he does not dust,vacuum, pick up toys, clean bathrooms, or mop. So the house is a complete disaster and IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS! (Remember, I am a self-diagnosed clean freak). So not only am I uncomfortable in my skin, I cannot stand to be in my dirty house... but I'm too dang tired to clean it!
I'm just really hanging on to get to the weekend- no games, no practice. Just time to spend with my sweet girl and her daddy... and CLEAN MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!
Friday, April 10, 2009
I have been so busy with softball this past week that I think I've spent a total of 3 hours with my baby. It makes me so sad. We have such a close relationship, and it's so hard for me to not be with her as much as the day allows. KK has been bringing her to our games, and it kills me to see her sitting there, watching me through the fence, smiling and laughing at her momma, and not to be able to go over and squeeze her. This time is so precious.. and slipping away so fast... and my heart is breaking to think that I will never get it back.
I guess the good news is that I have a loving husband to spend time with her, so at least her time away from me isn't spent with some unknown... and I am really taking the time I do have to put everything else aside and BE with my baby.
I'm still really sad though...
I mean, look at 'er! She's so stinkin cute!