Thursday, April 30, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Ali and I are home together today- taking a little mommy-daughter time before she transitions to a new daycare tomorrow. She was being watched by a friend of mine up to this point.. and without getting into specifics; I have learned that business and friendship (especially when children are involved) does not mix... so the best plan for Missy Pants was to move her to a new facility. She starts at a childcare-learning center tomorrow. We went today for about an hour, so Ali could get used to being around the other kids, as well as the two gals who will be in charge of her in the infant room. While the thought of taking our sweet angel baby to a "daycare" is hard for me to swallow, I feel pretty good about this place. The girls were nice and welcoming. They handled the babies well and made me feel good about leaving Ali with them for the majority of the day. It also helps that my neighbor's son, who is 2 weeks older than Ali, will be there with her, so at least she'll have a friend to play with and keep her company!

... this whole daycare experience makes me wish sometimes I worked part time: just enough to give Ali some independence ; and just enough time at home for me and my gal! one can dream...

5 comments:

Kim said...

I love, love, love the daycare centers (2 different ones) that Morgan and Callie go to. We tried a home daycare with Morgan for a week and I yanked him out. Personally, I find centers to be better for 1) the structure 2) the fact that there are more than 1 person to care for the children in case 1 is sick etc 3) the caregivers are all educated in child development and 4) there is usually not a TV to be parked in front of!. At the home daycare, Morgan was with kids of all ages where they learn so much more when they are with their peer group who acts/plays the same, you know? He was just left out alot and/or intimidated by the big kids at the home daycare.

I can totally see how friendship and childcare wouldn't mix. I like the fact that I can say to Callie's caregiver that I'd like to do this or I'd rather you didn't do that without feeling like I was bossing my friend around LOL I mean hello, you are paying for it, you should be able to have things how you want it - you are their employer!

I'd love to be home (part time) as well but honestly, she will THRIVE in daycare. It teaches them so, so much. Sharing, interacting etc - stuff that it's hard as a mom to teach them as you don't have a ton of other kids in your house. Morgan came home at 28 months and said that this little boy he looked up to went pee on the potty and he wanted to do that too. And that was that, totally potty trained. Peer pressure is awesome when they are little!

There's my mommy novel for the day! LOL

FROGGITY! said...

hope it goes well!!! enjoy your day- i am sure you will be glad in your choice when it's said and done. i sometimes wonder whether i should've worked instead of staying home... but i think everyone second guesses and in reality we have to do what's best for our families. and EVERYONE is unique and different! :)

Lindsay said...

Oh, I am sorry that this has happened. However, I am glad that you have found a new place that you feel comfortable with. Always go with your gut. I'm glad that she'll have a little friend there with her, too! :)

Oh, and as far as Miss Priss and her pink toes...haha. I said, where is your head, where is your hair, where is your eye...150 times while I went speedy and blew on them like crazy! It worked though :)

Alexa said...

Wouldn't that part time thing be a dream?! Ah...I would love it. Blair NEEDS the structure of the daycare, but I also feel like we need more time together. Oh well, we have to do what we have to do. As a grown up, I really respect my parents for both working to support us and it taught me a lot of responsibility lessons that may have been harder to learn otherwise.

I have so much respect for those mommies that can stay home full time. They are excellent at keeping the kids in structure, I tend to cave to much with him :).

Ali is getting so big so fast! She is so sweet, enjoy your weekend!

Sara said...

Did you get her into the Children's Center in the Fall? Hope so, it really is a great facility! Miya is THRIVING there and loves going to "school".

Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...