Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Waiting Game

so sorry for the crappy picture- KK took it with my phone and was very troubled to have to stop what he was doing to get a quick pic!
Yesterday was my appointment for my weekly "check-up" and weigh-in... fun times! I am dilated from a 1 1/2 last week to a 3 this week- positive progress! Now we just play the waiting game... and of course we are ALL hoping baby Avery comes sooner than later! I would be happy with her waiting until the weekend... or even sometime next week: I don't have very many sick days, and being the cheap a$$ that I am, I can't help but think, every day that I am at work is another dollar on my May paycheck!

I did tell the doc that I don't want to induce this time around unless we are close to going over my due date... I really want to feel what going into labor naturally feels like (Ali was induced)... this, however, brings a whole other set of thoughts to me: I just wonder when it will happen, how will I know when labor starts, etc. The UNKNOWN is what kills me! I'm a planner, people! I also think my mind plays tricks on me... like today, for example, I feel like stuff is happening- some pains and squeezes here and there, plus my back seems to be aching more than usual, but I can never tell if it is a mental thing, or my body really is preparing for labor. I know that it will happen when it's "time"... I'm just driving myself nuts waiting!

4 comments:

Sweetbabs said...

Sending labor vibes your way. And it may take awhile for you to figure out when you are truly in labor. It took me about an hour to know that it was for real. It will happen.

That Girl said...

Aw, you look so cute. ;) Here's to you going into labor over the weekend. I'm totally with you on each day being one more "paid" day on your paycheck without having to use maternity leave. I have 4 more checks until my scheduled day, although the impatient side of me is almost wishing this little one would come early like my first. I could stand to be home on maternity right about now! ;)

So exited for you.

FROGGITY! said...

Good luck!! You look great, hang in there!

Kim said...

Hang in there, girl! Just catching up on my blogs and had to come see if you had popped yet! Keep me posted, can't wait to hear the good news!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...