Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Whew! that was fun

So I had a fabulous weekend. Fabulous. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. I went down to Moscow, ID for a 10 year anniversary ofmy sorority (Kappa Delta) colonizing on the U of Idaho campus. I saw a good chunk of girls there that I hadn't seen since college, considering I only keep in touch with about two of them on a regular basis. It was really good to see all of them and to see that we have all evolved from girls who partied a lot and wore sweatpants on a regular basis, to contributing members of the working world and society. It was even good to see the weird ones, and to see that yes, they are still weird, even in the adult world.

The part that sucked about the weekend was seeing that I, along with only TWO OTHER GIRLS, am the chunky ones. That's not a good thing. Everyone else has lost the beer bulge and/or junk food habit and become this cute, fit, 20-something woman. GRRRRRR

I try to rationalize it and say that I have been married longer than most of them, (some aren't marred), so they haven't had time to gain the happy newlywed bulge. I also was happy that I haven't gained any weight, which the other two have, since college.

Of course everyone took a billion pictures, so I have proof staring at me in the face every day.
Notice the fat roll. It's like a pony keg. So it's a good think I'm doing Commit2fit, cause I really need to loose weight to compete with my pretty sorority sisters! I forget (being a teacher) that I'm only 25- and that 25 year olds are still supposed to be cute and in style. Great. I'm so bad at that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

kelli! you look great! and you are fun and fabulous at 25!!!

Kelli said...

You are so sweet :) I haven't seen any new blogs on your end lately... how's school?

Anonymous said...

I know...I have been WAY too overwhelmed to think about blogs.. :( school is good! I am trying really hard to stay ahead of everything! the kids are doing awesome!! growing up so fast!!!

cougchick said...

Don't compare yourself to those other girls. You have your fantastic Husband and your happiness. They may not have those things. It's what's inside that matters and the weight will happen since you have a goal in mind and THEN you will get pregnant and it will blow it all out of the water. You watch.

Girl from Pennsylvania said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Look at your hair it is so so cute. I guess I think people perpetually look like their blog photo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...