Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Today's the Day... and I'm starving

So in about T-minus 3 hours I will be sitting in a lab conducting my 3 hour glucose test for gestational diabetes. I wish I could be there promptly at 8:00am when they open-so I wouldn't have to starve for quiet as long- however I do not want to sacrifice a precious sick day from work to do so. Therefore, I will be teaching 2 morning periods today, then leaving my 3rd period class with a teacher friend of mine during her plan period (she is very nice and I owe her big time) and heading on down there.
Apparently I am so overwhelmed with this whole "not eating until it's over" thing that I don't have a fear at this moment about the actual results or that I might have gestational diabetes. I even dreamed about juicy steaks last night people! It was crazy- I've never in my life had a food dream before but last night I was apparently really worried about it. So don't worry, I packed myself a lunch to eat immediately after completion of the test. It is waiting for me on the front seat of my car. Tempting me. I can do this- I can!
***I should probably make a disclaimer statement at the beginning of each class period this morning apologizing for any grumpy statements this hungry teacher may make....

1 comment:

Nanette said...

I hope your test went well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...