Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What a great trip

First off, may I say BOOOOOOOO that I have to start teacher meetings at school TOMORROW! Where did the summer go already?


I'm back from San Antonio, and may I say I had the most fabulous time visiting my BFF Rose.
Rose is having a baby boy in October, and all of her friends flew in to S.A., Texas, where her and her husband are currently stationed with the Air Force. It was a fantastic time- I went sans my family... and Rose's mom and sister flew in, along with a handful of friends from the Air Force, and some neighbors that Rose has made friends with since moving th
ere in October. (And if you want to see one of the gifts I gave her, go here to see Lindsay's awesome craftiness!)
I was visiting Wednesday through Sunday, which is never enough time for me to spend with my sweet Rosie, but I still enjoyed my visit, and our time together, so very much. That time is so precious and means so much to me, we don't get to be together as much as I wish we could- and now with both of us being moms soon... I just hope once a year will be good enough!
Thank the Lord for the power of the internet, cell phones, and skype!

Without further ado... some highlights from the trip:


Of course you can't go to San Antonio without visiting The Alamo! (look close, I'm standing in front of the door with a navy blue shirt and khaki Bermuda shorts... and I pf course have my hands up- whoot woot!!)My super stinkin cute best friend... I mean, c'mon- 8 months preggo and she's not even wearing maternity clothes- give me a break !

I love that baby in her belly!



Coyote Ugly- and YES I DID get up and DANCE MY BUNS OFF on that Bar! Cause you know I still can party like a rock star!





Like I said before, I had the best time- it was definitely the highlight of my summer. I was so glad that Rose's friends were all able to come, and that we where able to throw her a wonderful shower, and that we could all get together and show her just how much we love her and her upcoming family.
I also asked Rosie to be Ali's Godmother- something I've been wanting to do for a long time and had to wait to do it in person.

Most of all, visiting Rose made me remember the importance of having her in my life, and just how special she is to me. It reminded me that, no matter the distance, or how busy our lives get, that she is a top priority and reminding her of that is of utmost importance.
She is my heart within my heart. I love her with all I have, like a sister, and I am so glad God brought her in my life and that we continue, 8 years later and a million miles apart, to stay close and find the humor and joy in all parts of our lives. She is a gift, and I can only pray that one day my own sweet baby girl will find a best friend she can love as much as I love My Rose.




2 comments:

FROGGITY! said...

awwwwww! y'all are so pretty and cute! how lovely to have a sweet relationship like that.

sounds wonderful!

Unknown said...

aww, that is just too stinkin cute! Sorry we couldn't connect. Next time though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...