Monday, July 13, 2009

The weirdness continues

Ali and I made it through 5 days with "just the girls", and we both came out unscathed! It actually went really well- no major meltdowns; I didn't get bored and run out of stuff to do.. it was really nice! And I really did miss KK. I think that distance really does make the heart grow fonder, and it was so nice to have a little break to remember why we love each other and how much I really do appreciate him in my life. NOT having him home made me realize that, to some extent, he does help out around the house, and he does do a great job pulling his weight as Daddy. I think he missed us too, and we had fun having him back home again on Saturday night. We had a great day together yesterday, and had some of our closest friends over for dinner....
which brings me to my next point. KK just got off the phone with his mother, and told me that if she asks, to tell her we went to our friends' house for dinner, not vice versa. The reason? My stupid mother-in-law wanted to COME OVER during our dinner date, and say HI to OUR friends! She is sooooooo friggin weird!!!!!!!!!!! Why in the hell does she think that we want her to hang out with us and our friends?? I do not get her. Does she not realize how awkward and totally NOT NORMAL that would be She just doesn't get it, at all. This is not one big happy family that hangs out all the time. When your son and HIS FAMILY have their friends over for dinner, you just don't stop by.I mean, I'm best buds with my own mother, and I would never have her over to eat dinner with our friends! Oh man, when is it ever going to end?

3 comments:

Alexa said...

I would have my parents over for dinner with our friends, but not sure about the in-laws. We have on occasion (but we live 1300 miles away, so different for you), but I can totally see the weirdness, you need your own space. You MUST read this article! You'll freak...

http://www.newsweek.com/id/206199/?GT1=43002

Andréa said...

I seriously think we have the same MIL. NO BOUNDARIES. WTF? At least KK did something instead of just saying yes?

Lindsay said...

Well at least KK didn't just say yes...that was a plus! Sorry babe for the crazy MIL, I would probably be in your boat if my MIL didn't live 13 hrs away :)

Glad you enjoyed girl time!

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...