Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bleh

I just feel crappy today- I have been really since KK got home from his trip to California. I feel blah and I also I feel like at any moment I could blow my top.
Here is a bulleted list of why:

  • I am constantly cleaning up clutter in this house. Why does NO ONE know how to put away shoes, toys, books, empty pop cans, newspapers, etc???
  • My in-laws are so annoying, and so is the way my husband deals with them. I am so sick of my mother-in-law and that fact that things will never change or get better with her infringing on our boundaries as a household AND my father-in-law has decided to visit us the week of Ali's birthday, but has yet to tell us exactly when and my damn husband will not nail him down on the date.
  • My husband sucks. Well, not really, but he just is kinda selfish and really thinks it is OK for me to handle all the daily responsibilities with the girls and not try to help out. He never offers to get up and feed Avery, and he acts put out when I ask him to do stupid small things like give someone a bath or rock someone or make someone a snack
  • Ali is at daycare today, and KK is gone. He said he would be gone an hour at the most, and we are now going on two. Why lie? I wish I could go lolly-gag around town and do whatever I want, but I constantly have one or more children  that need my constant care and attention. I don't even really care that he isn't here- I'm just mad that he leaves me here with the baby and thinks that it is my life's dream sit at home all day long by myself
  • I just cannot seem to get a hold of myself as the person that I used to be. I am so tired and busy all the time and always have a list of things that I want to get done but can never muster up the energy or desire to do them. I wonder when my head will clear up so I can think straight again? I wonder if I will ever feel truly ahead of the game?
  • I wish I could tell my husband how I feel and have him understand. I wish he had a little bit of woman juice running in his veins so he could get it for once and not look at me like I am speaking Chinese

2 comments:

PinkTreeHands said...

Hi! I happened upon your blog today and wanted to let you know that your frustration is well understood by many of us!

I just started a blog that will feature money and time saving tips that I've learned through being the "Lady of the House" over the past few years and from the help of many other people. Maybe some of these could help you make time for yourself.... which all of us need to keep our sanity!

(And keep writing. It helps!!)

-Sarah @ thehomemaidmom.blogspot.com

That Girl said...

I soooo feel your pain. I don't think my husband has ever fed Connor in the whole two months of his life. If he has, he's propped it up with a blankie while he works in his office - BUG!! I think we're feeling like this because of the little ones we have right now who require so much care, and we have an older one who makes messes in the house non-stop (at least mine does). I constantly have to choose between taking care of my older son, taking a shower, grabbing a quick bite to eat, taking a quick nap, or cleaning the house during the 1.5 hour blocks of time in between feeding my newbie. It's exhausting. My hubs came home for a day and a half out of five weeks last weekend and guess what he did? Worked THE WHOLE TIME! It was like pulling teeth to get him to spend any family time. Men are just D.U.M.B. about some things.

There. I've said my peace. Hang in there. It's bound to get better. (At least that's what I keep telling myself - especially today as I had to deal with a mild ant infestation all by myself!!UGH!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...