Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I suck at Fat Tuesday!


Well, I pretty much suck at being on a diet... and at exercising.  I have not been doing my Jillian Micheals' DVD, but I have been keeping busy chasing my children and walking with my friend Andrea twice a week (she does spinning with her neighbor the other days of the week...I'm blaming her for my exercising downfalls).  And I guess I don't really sit around my house much- I'm pretty much obsessive compulsive about always being busy, so that's a plus.

Here's my problem: I'm just too tired and/or want to spend my "free time" doing other things!  I really need to motivate myself again to get back on track. But it's really hard, especially when I pretty much devote every moment of my day to picking up after not only my children, but my messy husband as well.  

The good news:  I am eating pretty well, staying off the junk,  and I have this little accountability of Fat Tuesday to thank for it- so THANKS, TAYLOR!  I think I weigh pretty much the same ( I haven't weighed myself since last week) and am happy to say that I can fit into all of my old, not-pregnant clothes again, save one pair of Seven jeans that have always been a little tight.  I know that once I start back teaching I will do better with diet- I find myself eating sometimes during nap time just because I'm not busy doing other things. I just wish I could find the motivation to walk or do my DVD the days I'm not walking with Andrea. I am just so tired!  I need to start taking my vitamins again.
...and now for a little tip on how I suffice my sweet tooth: put Dove Chocolates in the freezer, and only have 1 or 2 after dinner. I suck them down until they are gone ( I never chew), and I really relish them (I get the dark chocolate ones). This really works for me, and I never go back for more!  (seriously I should weigh 100lbs with how good I am at self-perseverance... there's something wrong with this picture!).





3 comments:

Taylor said...

Good job! I agree that exercising is the LAST thing I want to do during my free time. I like the chocolates idea!

Anonymous said...

I did my Jillian Micahels DVD once last week. I think she's just too mean for me. :)

Marla @ www.asthefarmturns.wordpress.com

Alexa said...

LOL...she is not very inspiring to me cause she is mean, lol. However, I can't believe you were doing it in the first place! You continue to be an amazing mother doing everything for everyone. Take a breather and just enjoy....the soft spots will melt off of you soon enough!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...