Monday, August 16, 2010

Sick, Sick, Sick

So I had my 10 year high school reunion on Friday. I was the V.P. of the Senior Class back in 2000, and that means that unfortunately I am party of the "committee" (meaning me and 2 other people who kinda helped) that gets to plan our reunions. Fun times, but not really- I despise party planning. Needless to say, all of the time it took me to find over 150 addresses, create an invitation, stuff envelopes, address envelopes, answer tons of dumb questions, find a place to host our event etc. etc. Was TOTALLY not worth it to have only about 35 people (plus spouses) show up.  Annoyed. That is what I am.
 Not to mention the weekend was totally hectic.  So I have been driving around a 2003 Toyota Camry since 2004. Love the car, just not so happy that all of my two babies' worth of crap hardly fits in it, forget trying to get groceries or visit, say, Target.  So I casually listed the Camry on craigslist last month. No calls, nothing, so I let it go. Then, the day of the reunion, when my husband is gone golfing, someone calls and wants to see it.  I say, sure, it's 1:30 and I don't have to be at the reunion to set up until 5- come on over. And the potential buyer shows up at 4:00. Awesome. And they end up buying the car, so it was worth it, but hectic, being as I not only had to clean out 6 years of not only my crap but all of my children's various crap-things from the car... and I now did not have a car to drive down-so had to call a neighbor and leave my babysitter thinking I was a crazy person running around like my hair was on fire.
That was the first car of the crazy train.  So we do the reunion thing- it sucks, nobody shows up, we had to ask the band to stop playing cause they suck so bad... and the hubs and I (he met me there from a golf tourney) end up getting home around 11:00. Sweet! I'm excited to get a good night's sleep before having to wake up and feed sweet Avery at 4AM.... so I'm laying in bed at around 1:00, and Miss Ali decides she is going to have a bad dream and desperately need to sleep with us, love it. And Avery is fussy so she is now in the bed too, double awesome.  Fast forward to 2:00AM, I still have yet to fall asleep, and my tummy is feeling a little off. I get up to go downstairs for some Pepto... and I end up sprinting to the bathroom to up-chuck. And this continued all.night.long- comin outta both ends, people!  Not to mention, KK has got it too, and we are tandem puking whilst our 2 year old stands in bewilderment as to what is going on.  24 stomach flus can eat it!
We survived the weekend, I woke up feeling better yesterday and totally disinfected my house. Got up this morning excited to take Ali to school for a bit and have some time to myself... and she pukes in the parking lot of daycare. Awesome.  We get home, I get Ali all settled on the couch with some Yo Gabba Gabba, go to feed Avery, and she pukes all over me. Double Awesome. And KK is out taking someone fishing today. Sweet!  Love it!
At least at this point I feel like I've seen it all, and I'm not phased. Plus, I just love the smell of baby puke.


Stacey said...

Bahahaha!! You crack me up! I love how you tell it like it is! :) Hope everyone is better now and feeling well. At least your car sold and now you get to get a new one. That's always fun, right?? Hang in there! :)

Alexa said...

You poor thing!! I sure hope you all start to feel better soon.

Nanette said...


That is all.

Lindsay said...

Holy Wow, is right!! Now I get to say it to you! Wow sista!! Ok, so yay for selling your car, of course the timing was perfect...that's how it always happens! Sorry y'all were sick and now your babies are, I'll state the positive, at least you didn't all have it at the same time! :)

You crack me up!! Deep breath, sigh and smile!!


Anonymous said...

Oh my. It sounds like you need something to drink.

I hope tomorrow is better. :)

Marla @

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...