Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fat Tuesday


I am participating in a little weight loss accountability with one of my online / real-life friends named Taylor. She even has a cool button for it, which I seem to be too stupid to figure out, so you will have to visit her blog to see it for yourself ...but anyways..here is the low down on  how Operation Loose Baby Fat is going:

  • I have lost 2 lbs this week!
  • I have done my 30 Day Shred DVD 6 out of 7 days
  • I am eating well (thanks to my husband's low carb diet)
  • I feel pretty darn good about my progress
  • My stomach is still saggie and covered in stretch marks (damn it)
But I must admit; diet and exercise is super hard to concentrate on when you have 2 children under the age of 2 at home (as is concentrating on anything in general). The eating part has been pretty easy, mostly because I don't have time to eat  and because KK is back on his low-carb diet and I tend to be a follower when it comes to what we eat around here as I am not the main chef.  I admit, however, to sharing 2 fudgesicles with Ali and eating some of her Pirate's Bootie- which if you don't know what that is - is white cheddar puffies from Costco- her "chippies" so yummy!
And today I am not planning on doing my DVD as Ali was up from midnight to 4 AM wide awake and ready to play (?). So I am choosing to nap instead.
But I will leave you with the super easy and pretty good for you Chicken Teriyaki Lettuce Wraps we had for dinner last night:
1. Slice thin and marinate 2 chicken breasts in Yoshida's for 4 hrs, then grill um and cube um
2. Toast some water chestnuts and cashews in olive oil on the stove
3. Peel off lettuce leaves from a big ole head of lettuce
4. Throw in some snap peas, and eat um up!
(as you can see from that recipe, I am NOT, I repeat NOT a cook)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! And so easy, too!!

Taylor said...

Great job! The recipes looks yummy! Thanks for sharing-we love Yoshidas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...