Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Operation Get Rid of the baby fat

I am on Day 3 of "loose the baby fat so I can fit into my clothes again challenge"! I am keeping myself accountable by participation in Taylor's Torturous Tuesday (soon to be renamed).
So here are my goals:

1. Use my 30 Day Shred DVD at least 5 days a week (I am going to do 7 days for the first week and then try to incorporate more cardio when my hubs gets back from California)
2. Try to stay away from junk food: i.e. ice cream and crackers and all that jazz. I am not much of a dieter, but I do think it is important to stay away from meaningless calories, so that is my goal.
3.  I weighed myself this morning, and oddly enough I am 3lbs lighter then I was before getting pregnant. My conclusion is that everything has shifted, and my biggest concern is to get rid of the belly flap that is left over from having a ginormous 9lb baby in my stomach
4. I would like to be comfortably wearing my regular clothing by the time we head back to work in September.

So there ya have it. And now an update on the 30 Day Shred:  My legs feel like jelly, and I can hardly walk down the stairs and sit on the toilet.  Which makes me realize how pathetic I am because, even though the dvd is a challenge, it should not have this huge of an effect on me. I am still on level one (there are three levels) and I kinda feel like a wuss. But nevertheless, I am sticking with it and pushing through the pain. Jillian says that on days 5,6,7 you should begin to feel your endurance going up, and I am so looking forward to that point. Cause I'm one sore mother!  And I think I am about to get more sore, because I bought myself some 3 lb weights at Wal Mart yesterday and used those in place of the 1lb soup cans I had used the past 2 days. So tomorrow my shoulders and arms should be burning just as badly as my legs (this is awesome when you are carting around 2 kids!) 

Alrighty, I am off to shower away the slime of sweat that comes from being out of shape... but I will leave you with an exciting highlight of my potty training saga.... Miss Ali pooped on the potty yesterday!!! And she alerted me to the fact that she needed to go! Woot Woot Ali!!!  (this morning, however, she poop-ploded into her pull-up at daycare and had to have a change of clothes)- 1 step forward, 2 steps back...

3 comments:

That Girl said...

Good for you!! I have 30-day shred too but instead of using it, I bought 2 new exercise dvd's. I think I'm more into collecting workout dvd's than actually doing them... oh well. Good job on being 3lbs lighter! That's awesome!

Hey, my hubs is in California too. Are you going as crazy as I am taking care of 2 kiddos spouseless? It's C.R.A.Z.Y. around here!

Alexa said...

How are you doing it all?! Exercising and taking care of two little ones...AMAZING. I need a dose of your energy!

Taylor said...

Yay! I am glad you are joining!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...