Thursday, July 17, 2008

I got a boo-boo

So, yesterday morning I was out walking my two doggies, Matty and Jack. We have an open field across from our house that is supposed to be developed with houses, but due to the economic crisis we are currently in, has been left unfinished. KK and I like to take the boys out there to run around and go potty- kind of a release because they don't have a fenced in yard yet.


Well yesterday KK was out of town fishing with his dad, so I took the dogs by myself. One of our neighbors happened to be out walking her dog too, so I proceeded to head across the street to say hi. Apparently the dogs forgot that their mom was a little front-heavy, and totally tugged on their leashes to get over and see the other dog.

I completely tipped right over, landing on my right elbow and tummy! Evelyn (our neighbor) starting freaking out, she was ready to jump right in the car and drive me to the emergency room, and I for some reason remained eerily calm. I told her I felt fine, that I wasn't cramping or anything like that, and I would take the dogs home and promptly call the doctor's office, which I did.

It took the nurse about 45 minutes to call me back, and while I was waiting I laid on the couch and tried to relax my body, which I could feel was tensed up from the fall. When she did call me back, she asked if the baby was moving (YES!) if I was cramping at all (NO) or if there was any bleeding at all (not from that area!). She told me to take it easy for the rest of the day and go straight to labor and delivery if anything changed.

Needless to say, I'm feeling stiff in my upper arms and my hips, and I have a huge road burn on my right elbow- which made it really fun trying to sleep last night.What is amazing to me is that I didn't freak out- during or after the accident! I mean, I scrapped right across the top of my belly- I have little cuts to prove it... but I just knew in my gut that everything was OK. Plus, Ali has been movin and groovin like normal since the fall. (well -ok- I did cry a little and apologize to her for shakin her up like that)

What I learned from this incident: this baby girl for sure needs to come out now- I think I can keep her safer outside my body then in! I also think that I need to make a conscious effort to take it easy for these last 5 weeks and prepare my body for the ultimate job of actually giving birth....today I am going to get my hair trimmed and colored and get some last minute stuff done for my mom: it's my baby shower on Saturday!

1 comment:

Nanette said...

Eeek! Glad you and the little gal are ok!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...