Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm (almost) ready

My mom had a lovely brunch/baby shower at her house on the river over the weekend in honor of our soon-to-be sweet baby girl. I will post pics later- I forgot my camera and my friend Lynne is sending me the shots she took. I had such a great time seeing all my friends and family: it is great to have all the different people I care about together in one spot. I also received a bunch of great, useful gifts to help me prepare for our baby Ali! It's hard to believe that in a month or less she will be here- amazing. I hope the time goes quickly and she comes sooner than later!

Now that I have had the baby shower, I feel more prepared for her to be born. I still have a few simple things to buy to prepare- just what I think I need to be ready for her immediately after I get her home. I'm hoping to go to Target sometime either this week or next and finish up my shopping... and I think it is kinda funny that by having all the material objects I need I somehow can justify to myself that I am ready to be a first time mommy. Deep down I feel so nervous to think of a tiny little human that will be dependant upon Kris and I to keep her existence happy and safe- eek! I guess life is a learn-as-you-go deal: and at least I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I will do my best with all the love that I have! (And my mom only lives 7 minutes away, thank GOD )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...