Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Glad That's Over

Phew! I'm FINALLY feeling back to my normal self again. I had the worst head cold of all times last week and Nothing that I could do (being pregnant and all) would make it better! And to top it all off, Ali was sick at the same time. So not only was I feeling like my head was going to explode, I also had a baby who would not sleep at night. We both took Thursday and Friday off from work/school, and went to the doctor. I was told that I was basically screwed and to tough it out.. and poor Ali baby has a double ear infection! No wonder she was screaming bloody murder every time she tried to lay down! She's still having a few up-chuck issues: we think it's the combo of drinking milk and mixing in the antibiotics, so we are experimenting on taking all dairy away (per the doctor- KK stayed home with her yesterday)... but I think we are on the right track to recovery! She also has the worst diaper rash (from the antibiotics) I have ever seen- we're talking blood here, but that too is healing itself up and looking better today.
Seriously, though, I am glad I did not have the strength or energy to blog over the past week, or those would have been some pretty depressing posts. I felt so lost and helpless as a mother- sure my husband stepped up and my mom was a big help - but I wanted so much to be able to help my sweet baby feel better, and it was killing me that I could not help her. Yesterday was my worst day- I felt so helpless watching her suffer from that terrible rash and not being able to fix it. She would just lay in my arms and moan- that was the most heartbreaking moments I have ever experienced in my life. Crazy how much I love that little girl.
I am so thankful today that we are on the up and up- I was afraid of the stress I was putting on Baby #2.. she's needs a couple more weeks of relaxin and to chub up! Can't believe we have one more month until she is here- crazy madness!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better! There's nothing worse than seeing our little ones sick. :(

FROGGITY! said...

I can't believe you only have a month left!!!! AHHHHHH!

I hope that your poor sick little one feels better. That sounds miserable! And you too, of course!! Feel better.

Alexa said...

Oh No! I am glad you guys are on the mend. Blair always seemed to get terrible diaper rashes as well when we were going through the ear infections. I am sure that plenty of snuggles from mommy and daddy were the biggest help to her :).

Feel Better!!!

That Girl said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I think watching your child suffer is one of the hardest parts of being a mother. I totally teared up reading it. So glad you're feeling better. I soooo empathize with you.

Lindsay said...

Oh dear! I'm sorry! Boo on being sick and poor AliBear!!Oh diaper rash is the worst..we have had some bad rounds here too. I found that Lanolin (for breastfeeding) works great since it's for cracks and dry skin. I hope y'all are all well so very soon!! xoxox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...