Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I miss God

I've really been struggling with getting myself to church. My relationship with God is an important part of who I am. I wouldn't classify myself as a "Bible-thumper" or anything of that extreme: I don't judge people based on religion, and I know my example of christ-like is lacking. But for myself personally, I know God has an important role in the pathes of my life and I acknowledge Him as my Savior. With that said, I have not spent enough time in my life making time for God. I know that you don't have to go to church to have a relationship, but for me, it helps to pause a moment from my busy life to just spend some time with Him and other believers. It is also important to me that I am bringing my baby girl into a world where she is aware of Christ's presence in my life. Kris does not believe in organized religion, and therefore I have fallen from my routine (but that is simply an excuse).
Therefore, I am making an effort to get my booty to church, starting this Sunday. I don't have a home church, but I do live less than a mile from a community church, as well as a Methodist Church. I grew up Lutheran, and tend to stray away from how traditional services can be, but went to a non-denominational Christian school for 10 or so years, so I have experienced a couple different approaches to a relationship with God.
I have made a commitmenet that this Sunday I will go to the community church--God, and myself willing.

2 comments:

Liz said...

That is so wonderful Kelli! I always tell people that "no, you don't have to go to church to believe in God, but it doesn't hurt!" I don't go every Sunday, but when I do, it's something I've never regretted.

Nicole said...

I'm relieved to read that my hubby isn't the only one who doesn't go to church (well, I'm assuming from your post saying Kris doesn't believe in organized religion that he doesn't go with you). I go alone most of the time... when I do go. Sometimes I take Porter. But, its so easy to just be lazy on Sundays and stay home and lounge. HOwever, I always feel so happy and inspired when I do go to church. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...